We recently talked about how real estate agents can use public records for prospecting. While your public records solution is a powerful tool for accomplishing this, did you know that agents can also stay connected with past clients, thanks to public records? As the MLS, you are in a unique position to educate your members on how to do this. Here's how. [More]
Spring has sprung, which means more people will be starting home repairs, home upgrades, lawn enhancements and preparing their gardens.
All this curb appeal cost money, and one way home owners pay for these improvements is with a home equity line of credit (HELOC). HELOCs are designed to help homeowners use the equity in their home responsibly, and obtaining a HELOC to improve the value of a home only makes sense.
Of course most banks realize this and have already increased their advertising with the goal of growing their HELOC portfolio. But instead of spending a fortune on mass media advertising, why not strategically focus your marketing and sales efforts by targeting the right type of customer?
Banker Suite’s Search by Mortgage Data
If you are a CRS Data Banker Suite customer, then you’re in luck! The Banker Suite offers an easy way to search for the right customer, and give you the information needed to target those potential HELOC customers. Here are a few simple steps to get you started:
• In the Search by Mortgage Data screen, select a loan amount range and Maturity Year.
• Narrow your target market by selecting a competitor lender in the Lender Name section and then enter a loan origination when you know rates were higher than your current HELOC product.
• Under Owner Type, select Owner Occupied. Once the search results are available, you can customize the columns to include:
• Borrowers Name
• Borrowers Address
• Zip Code
• Loan Amount
• Plus, any other column you believe is necessary. After the columns are customized, save the changes. Now you have a targeted list that can be exported to Microsoft Excel.
Target Market Tactics
Next, start your advertising tactics. Here are three examples any bank can use to reach their target market:
• Direct Mail Postcards: Create eye catching postcards that tell a story and contain an immediate call to action.
• Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Select the area your bank is interested in, and pick the search terms that focus on home improvement loan options. If you are using Google, then contact Google directly and speak to a customer service representative regarding this type of search. Google’s customer service team will help you find the best search words, along with other tips, at no extra cost!
• Online Display Advertising: What makes online display advertising great is that you can target in on locations and interests. For example, you can focus on specific sub-divisions in your area and select people that are interested in home repairs.
When building the different tactics, be sure that each piece looks, sounds and feels the same. In fact, each outlet should resemble all your current brand channels. Most likely, anyone reading this understands the importance of branding, but sometimes, branding is forgotten when putting together new communication tactics. If you are not familiar with branding, check out Seth Godin’s Book, Meatball Sundae.
Now is the time to capitalize on the home improvement season. Again, if you are a Banker Suite customer, you have the tools to get the ball rolling. If you are not a Banker Suite customer, then contact CRS Data today to schedule a presentation.
Our CRS Data team has been perfecting our tradeshow travel plans for the year and we’re very pleased to have a long list in front of us. This is an exciting year since we’ll be traveling throughout the U.S. to share our new CRS Data MLS Tax Suite, complete with updated mapping capabilities and refined usability across our entire product.
We know you’re itching to take a look at all our new features, so we’d like to share the tradeshows we’re currently planning to attend. These are great spots for us to meet with our customers, so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re planning to attend and would like some one-on-one time to take a closer look at our new MLS Tax Suite (or just want to say hi!).
Our tradeshow schedule is not set in stone of course. As always, we like to keep things fluid so we have the chance to add new events as they come up.
We’re looking forward to seeing you this year!
2015 Tradeshow Plan:
GAR Inaugural & Legislative Conference (previous event)Clareity Workshop – Feb. 25-27 (Scottsdale, AZ) (previous event)XPlode Real Estate Conference – May Mid-Year NAR Conference & Expo – May 12-15 (Washington, DC)RE Tech South – JuneRegional AE Conference – July 19-21 (Charlotte, NC)Inman RE Connect – August 4-7 (San Francisco, CA)Florida REALTORS® Conference & Trade Expo – August Carolina REALTORS® Conference – Sept. 12-15 (Hilton Head, SC)Georgia Association of REALTORS® Annual Conference & Expo – Sept. 9-12 (Savannah, GA)Tucson Association of REALTORS® Conference & Expo – September (Tucson, AZ)Council of Multiple Listing Services Conference & Expo – October 7-9 (Kansas City, MO)Virginia Association of REALTORS® Conference & Expo – OctoberNational Association of REALTORS® Conference & Expo – November 13-16 (San Diego, CA)
If you want to succeed anywhere in life - real estate included - making a great first impression is of the utmost importance. [More]
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or a savvy real estate professional, knowing how to negotiate is of paramount importance. No matter how skilled you are, you can always get better. [More]
Are you truly committed to succeeding in real estate? One technique you can use to ensure this outcome is effective personal branding. [More]
Interested in working with millennials? Be sure to know the ins and outs of this younger group of individuals before helping them to buy, sell or rent. Conducting this due diligence could save you substantial time and energy. [More]
Marketing during the holiday season may require a little extra thought than during normal times. [More]
Interested in staying on top of the latest trends in real estate? Make sure you are aware of the impact that big data could have on this particular industry. [More]
Want to build your network? Try posting a video on YouTube, as this particular medium is drawing a great amount of traffic. [More]